Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The power grows.

And here we have a completely gratutious pic of a couple of fantasy battle orcs I did for Mordhiem a while ago. Nothing great but nice simple paintjobs with a fair bit of detail and the always great Brian Nelson Orcs.

The more I am painting on a regular basis the more I feel the old skills returning. I have not painted this often in years and moving from the blood axes to the goffs I am currently painting I can really see a difference in the steadiness of my hand and the general profficiency with which I paint. I believe that if I keep this up I may be back to my old skill level again soon. THEN I will work to get better. Honestly wet blending and sculpting seem to be the only skills I am lacking...though I know that is a bit like saying oil painting and welding. I am playing my first game of war in ages this thursday assuming my erstwhile opponent can get his stuff together. We are going to play Mordhiem with some improvised terrain.



Wish I knew what happened to my terrain...I mean I had a frikkin CASTLE! where do you lose a castle?

2 comments:

  1. nice! I think you're getting your touch back quite nicely. Good luck on your game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am going to end up playing empire so I don't have to take time away from painting the goffs.

    ReplyDelete